Congressman Schiff is pleased to offer internships in his offices in Washington and Burbank. Internships provide an opportunity for students and recent graduates to learn more about the workings of a Congressional office and about our country’s democratic political process.
Internships in either office last approximately three months and are intended to be educational experiences; they are unpaid, although academic credit may be available. Interns typically work three days per week during the summer, with more varied schedules during the school year to accommodate class schedules.
If you have any questions regarding internships with Congressman Schiff’s office, please feel free to call the D.C. office at (202) 225-4176 or the Burbank office at (818) 450-2900.
To apply for an internship with Congressman Schiff, please:
- Fill out the Internship Application Form
- Email a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample (with your last name in the name of each file) to the office you are applying to:
Please note that we always receive more applications than we can accommodate, particularly for the summer, and that residents of the 28th District are given preference.
Applications for internships in both the Washington, D.C. and Burbank offices will be accepted until:
- November 30 for the Winter/Spring session (typically January through April)
- March 31 for the Summer session (typically May through August)
- July 31 for the Fall session (typically September through December)