Congressman Schiff is pleased to offer internships in his offices in Washington, D.C. and Burbank, CA. We are currently seeking professional, enthusiastic, and hardworking interns to assist staff with administrative and legislative work for the upcoming term.
This internship runs in-person for roughly 4 months and is open to undergraduate students and recent college graduates. Interns typically work three days per week, with flexibility to accommodate class schedules. Interns in the Washington, D.C. office will receive a stipend. Academic credit is also available.
If you have any questions regarding internships with Congressman Schiff’s office, please feel free to call the D.C. office at (202) 225-4176 or the Burbank office at (818) 450-2900.
- Front office duties, including answering telephones, sorting mail, greeting visitors, and assisting with the Congressman’s meetings
- Processing and drafting responses to constituent correspondence
- Attending briefings and conducting policy research as requested by legislative staff
- Performing various other tasks to ensure the office functions smoothly
To apply for an internship with Congressman Schiff, please:
- Fill out the below internship application form
- Email a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample (with your last name in the name of each file) to the office you are applying to:
Please note that we always receive more applications than we can accommodate and that applicants with ties to the 28th District are given preference. Candidates from BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and/or other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The application for the Fall 2022 term is now closed. Please check back soon for the Winter/Spring 2023 application.
Applications for internships in both the Washington, D.C. and Burbank offices will be accepted until:
- November 15 for the Winter/Spring term (typically January through April)
- March 15 for the Summer term (typically May through August)
- July 15 for the Fall term (typically September through December)